A police officer has one of the toughest jobs . . . and so does that man's wife! Overworked, underpaid, and overloaded with concern and stress; this is often how an officer's wife recieves her husband when he is off duty. The funniest and best part is, is that when the job does go right, then it makes everything all worth it. This is one officer's wife's daily register of her and her husband's journey:















Thursday, July 8, 2010

Monday, June 28, 2010

So we got up and left on time. That was good. Our son was great in the car again; only three hours, but I am continually reminded how lucky I am. And to think God made him just for me! Wow! Cool. We get home in plenty of time. Hubby has to take the work truck in to get an oil change. He is almost over his miles. It is great that he gets to take his work vehicle home, since it makes it so we don't have to pay for gas. However, when it needs maintenance, it is his obligation to make sure it is taken in. So, all the driving there, waiting on it, and driving back, which has taken up to 6 hours . . . I know ridiculous, but if it isn't in there first, then it goes in line. Anyway, so he left around 8 to go get the oil changed, get gas, then headed to work.

As for the boy and I, we just chelled for the rest of the day. He was so tired from the day before at the zoo, I don't think he could have taken much more activity. As for the way trips are planned, we are actually going camping this weekend. I have this need to get out. I am not from the south, and love to travel. I used to travel a lot, but more of that later. This trip has been planned, and paid for with United vouchers, since they messed up our flight, and made us stay overnight in Ohare for three days after Christmas. Yikes. This is a yearly trip; the other one was me just itching to go somewhere sooner. Oh, and we're getting a puppy for for sure. We've officially decided on a name; "Loki." We're picking him up on the way to the camping trip. Crazy I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment